"All meaningful change starts in the imagination and works its way out. Therefore, dream often ... and dream big."
ADVANCE YOUR SUCCESS
A thoughtful and integrated approach to advance your success begins now.
Contact us to begin the conversation.
Systems Thinking (L2L-ST-755)
Systems Thinking is a practical approach for dealing with the “big picture” and can be helpful in virtually all aspects of life, on the job and off. In this particular course, participants will practice systems thinking in order to find high leverage actions, changes, and interventions.
Experience & Impact
Participants will learn about Systems Thinking, and taking the view of the whole organization and its long-term health. Because systems thinking capability requires practice, we use the systems thinking elements in individual and small group exercises with feedback. This will increase skills for understanding the causes and dynamics of performance (both good and bad), as participants make progress on current work issues through class exercises and group projects, resulting in an increased ability to help a team understand complex problems.
Highlights & Benefits
Participants consider what it means to think of and strengthen their leadership at three levels: ME (Self), (WE) Team, and (IT) Organization. As participants continue to invest energy in leadership at the level of Self, greater focus is added at the levels of Team and Organization, and the anticipated ‘holonic shift’ occurs. Leader To Leader is itself an exercise in Systems Thinking and an investment in sustainable productivity when the topics selected receive high focus. Course topics include:
- Senge’s approach to Systems Thinking and system archetypes
- Why Systems Thinking is Senge’s “Fifth Discipline” and its relationship to the other four disciplines
- Systems Thinking as a point of view, practical questions to bring out this point of view
- How systems drive dynamic behavior
- Feedback structures in our everyday world; the basic building blocks of dynamic behavior and how to use them
- A Systems Thinking process for dealing with any situation, and learning in the process
- Mid to senior level managers and leaders, including those emerging from a technical / supervisory leadership role
- Mid to senior level managers and leaders who in need of developing effective leadership skills
Schedule / Investment
|October 4 - October 11, 2017||10 Hours||Edmonton, AB||$1,495 plus GST|
|January 22 - February 1, 2018||10 Hours||Edmonton, AB||$1,495 plus GST|
|March 9 - 26, 2018||10 Hours||Edmonton, AB||$1,495 plus GST|
This course runs over a minimum of two sessions (10 training hours) excluding time for meals and breaks, and is limited to 6-10 participants per session.